Participate with RECIRCULATE
UNIVERSITY OF LANCASTER
Participate with RECIRCULATE is a virtual engagement programme developed by Envirofly Consulting UK Limited for Lancaster University to support engagement and collaboration with the projects RECIRCULATE (a 7 million pounds UK Government-funded Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) project and ACTUATE (a 700,000 pounds waste-to-energy demonstrator project) that have been impacted due to COVID -19.
Considering the current impact of COVID-19 on previously planned activities for both projects. Envirofly helped developed a virtual engagement plan that is principally focused on RECIRCULATE as a project even though it dovetails into ACTUATE in many aspects and as such it can be a holistic engagement process.
It is important to also note that the plan was proposed such that its continuation is not dependent on COVID-19 as it can still progress post-COVID especially when we do need to increase the engagement our project partner communities.
The objectives of the online/virtual engagement plan are to:
- Take engage better on the back of the COVID-19 situation and increase the general online/virtual engagement of our project partner during and post COVID.
- To continue in the fulfilment of the mandate of knowledge transfer and capacity building for RECIRCULATE/ACTUATE project partners and friends.
- To jump-start and increase the interaction, partnership development, policy advocacy and sustainability/legacy of the project beyond the scheduled physical workshops and residencies.
- To promote the ongoing research outputs and key lessons of the projects to current and new partners and community beneficiaries while providing a basis for their inputs and localization.
- To provide a good platform for the development, assessment and monitoring of new sustainable projects aligned with the themes of RECIRCULATE/ACTUATE.
STAKE-HOLDER ENGAGEMENT CATEGORIES
In order to effectively engagement the partner communities of RECIRCULATE and ACTUATE, the stake-holder engagement community has been broken down into four levels. They are:
- Phase 1 Partners – These are core research partners in Nigeria and Ghana (Lancaster University, UNIBEN, LU GHANA and CSIR)
- Phase 2 Partners – These are core collaborating partners in Kenya, Botswana, Malawi and Zambia (ATPS, Copperbelt University, BIUST and NCST)
- Community Partners – These are every other community partner who have engaged on RECIRCULATE/ACTUATE through the in-country workshops and Lancaster University residencies.
- New Partners and External Beneficiary Communities – These are new partners we hope to engage on the back of our online/virtual engagement plan.
RECIRCULATE PLAN OF ACTIVITIES
AUGUST 2020 TO JANUARY 2021 (6 MONTHS PLAN)